Event DetailsJune 1 / 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Get your pets their vaccines or a microchip at AWLA!
AWLA offers rabies vaccines, distemper vaccines (DAPPv for dogs and HCPCh for cats), and microchips for cats and dogs.
These clinics are by reservation only. You must sign up in advance for a designated time. Sign-ups for each date will open a week before the clinic date.
THIS CLINIC IS SOLD OUT.
- Rabies shots are $10, distemper shots are $15 microchips are $35.
- NO CASH, card payment only.
- If you arrive after your designated time, you will lose your spot.
- All dogs must be on a leash, and all cats in carriers. Retractable leashes are not allowed.
- If your pet is reactive to humans or other animals, please do not sign up for this clinic. We ask that you seek advice from a veterinarian.
- The clinic is indoors in the AWLA Education Room. Waiting is outside, so please dress appropriately for the weather.
- If you want a three-year rabies shot, you must bring proof of prior rabies shot (vet records or rabies certificates only, or dog licenses only, tags do not count).
- Distemper shots are based on the age, and vaccine history of each pet. If you do not bring proof your pet has received this vaccine before and is not past due, they will need a booster in 2-4 weeks.
- We do not offer 3 year distemper shots.
All paperwork for this clinic will be done at the clinic.
Additional Information About Rabies Vaccinations
Virginia law requires that all dogs and cats four months of age and older have a current rabies vaccine. Please bring proof of a prior rabies shot (a rabies certificate, not a tag) to get a three-year rabies shot. Without it, your pet will receive a one-year shot. All dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Additional Information About Microchipping
Give your pet the protection of a 24PetWatch MiniChip. Each year thousands of lost and abandoned animals are taken in by shelters and humane societies across the country. Some of these animals never make it home because they cannot be identified. Microchipping offers the only truly permanent method of identifying your pet and linking the animal back to you, the owner.
*Dates are subject to change at the discretion of AWLA