Everyone deserves the love of a pet.
Pets have an enormously positive impact on our health and wellness. AWLA's Community Care clinics follow the OneHealth model of wellness clinics, focusing on the interconnection between people, animals, and the environment. It recognizes that the wellbeing of a pet and the wellbeing of its humans are deeply connected. The clinics will provide both veterinary care for pets as well as human wellness resources and support, as we seek to meet the whole pet family where they are and to provide important wellness services.
Free or Low-Cost services offered at our Community Care Clinics:
- Wellness exam
- Rabies vaccine
- Standard vaccines such as DA2PP, Bordetella and FVRCP
- Heartworm testing
- Heartworm & Flea/tick preventatives
- Microchip scan and voucher for a free microchip (if the pet does not have one already)
- Behavior & training tips and consultation
- Pet food and supplies
- Variety of human support services, resources, and referrals
Frequently Asked Questions
AWLA’s Community Care Clinics were made possible made possible in part by a generous grant from Petsmart Charities.