Meet & Greet
- Please follow the instructions in each pet’s profile.
- For in-shelter pets:
- Visit adoptable pets in person at the shelter during regular business hours.
- Masks are required until further notice.
- Meet and greets with adoptable pets will be limited to 30 minutes.
- For in-foster pets:
- Send an email to the email address listed in the pet’s profile.
- Virtual appointments (or in-person appointments, at the discretion of the foster family) for in-foster pets are scheduled by the foster parent, typically within 24-48 hours.
- The meet & greet does not guarantee adoption.
Fill Out Our Online Application
- If you would like to move forward with adoption after your meet & greet, the foster parent or a staff member at our front desk will email you a link to the pet’s online application.
- You can fill out our application at one of our adoption kiosks or on your own time. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-matched basis, so we will recommend potential adopters fill out the application as soon as possible if they are interested in adopting.
- Adopters will follow the prompts within the online application. If their application is the first received, a member of the adoptions staff will call them to review their application. If for any reason the first applicant in line withdraws, the next applicant will be called, etc.
Sign Contracts & Pay Adoption Fee
- Once your application has been approved, you will sign the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee online.
Take Home Your New Pet!
- Once you have signed the adoption contract and paid the adoption fee, you will be able to set up a time to pick up your new pet and take them home. Same-day adoptions may be arranged at the discretion of our adoptions team.
- Please wear a mask when you arrive to take home your new pet.
- Eligible pets (more than six months old and weighing more than 25lbs) may be taken home with potential adopters for a three-day sleepover – this is your chance to get to know the pet and fall in love!
- Adopters must notify our adoptions team by 12PM on the last day of their sleepover if they would like to move forward with an adoption.
- There is a $25 non-refundable hold fee to take a pet on a sleepover. If you choose to adopt, this fee is applied to your final adoption fee.
Adoptions will still take place on a first-come, first-matched basis and standard adoption policies apply. If you have questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.