Effective 11/16/2020, AWLA is conducting all adoptions virtually! Please follow the instructions in each pet’s profile to set up a virtual meet & greet.
Virtual Adoptions Process
The Animal Welfare League of Arlington adopts to residents of Virginia, Maryland, and Washington D.C.
Virtual Meet & Greet
- Once you have found a pet you are interested in adopting, please follow the instructions in each pet’s profile to arrange a virtual meet & greet with the pet’s foster parent or a staff member.
- The meet & greet does not guarantee adoption.
Fill Out Our Online Application
- If, after your meet & greet, you want to apply to adopt the pet, you will be given a link to the pet’s online application.
- Applications are processed on a first-come, first-matched basis, so we recommend filling out the application as soon as possible if you are interested in adopting.
- Please follow all prompts within the online application. If your application is the first received, a member of staff will call to review your application. If for any reason the first applicant in line withdraws, the next applicant will be called, etc.
Sign Contracts & Pay Adoption Fee
- Once your application has been approved, you will sign the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee online.
Take Home Your New Pet!
- Once you have signed the adoption contract and paid the adoption fee, you will be able to set up a time to pick up your new pet and take them home.
- For your safety, we have a contact-free pick-up process.
- Please wear a mask when you arrive to take home your new pet.
Adoptions will still take place on a first-come, first-matched basis and standard adoption policies apply. If you have questions, feel free to email email@example.com.