Due to a local Winter Weather Advisory and below-freezing temperatures, this clinic is canceled.
- Vetco Clinics
- Animal Welfare League of Alexandria Vaccine Clinics
- Fairfax County Animal Shelter Vaccine Clinics
Get your pets their vaccines or a microchip at AWLA!
AWLA offers rabies vaccines, distemper vaccines (DAPPv for dogs and HCPCh for cats), and microchips for cats and dogs.
Sign-ups for this clinic will open one week before the clinic date.
The first two hours (9-11am) are by advanced registration only. The last hour (11am-12pm) is for walk-up clients. We will accommodate as many walk-ups as we can, but it will be on a first-come, first-serve basis and we cannot guarantee all animals will be seen.
- Rabies shots are $10, distemper shots are $15 microchips are $35.
- For the safety of our staff, we strongly recommend that all people attending this event are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- NO CASH, card payment only.
- All humans must wear a mask at all times and maintain at appropriate distances of at least 6 feet in all situations.
- If you arrive after your designated time, you will lose your spot.
- All dogs must be on a leash, and all cats in carriers. Retractable leashes are not allowed.
- If your pet is reactive to humans or other animals, please do not sign up for this clinic. We ask that you seek advice from a veterinarian.
- The clinic is indoors in the AWLA Education Room. Waiting is outside, so please dress appropriately for the weather.
- If you would like a three-year rabies shot, you must bring proof of prior rabies shot (vet records or rabies certificates only, or dog licenses only, tags do not count).
- Distemper shots are based on the age, and vaccine history of each pet. If you do not bring proof your pet has received this vaccine before and is not past due, they will need a booster in 2-4 weeks.
- We do not offer 3 year distemper shots.
All paperwork for this clinic will be done at the clinic.
Sign ups will open one week before each clinic. If you click on the button above before that date, the clinic registration page will read “No Appointments Available”. Please check back one week before the clinic.
Additional Information About Rabies Vaccinations
Virginia law requires that all dogs and cats four months of age and older have a current rabies vaccine. Please bring proof of a prior rabies shot (a rabies certificate, not a tag) to get a three-year rabies shot. Without it, your pet will receive a one-year shot. All dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Additional Information About Microchipping
Give your pet the protection of a 24PetWatch MiniChip. Each year thousands of lost and abandoned animals are taken in by shelters and humane societies across the country. Some of these animals never make it home because they cannot be identified. Microchipping offers the only truly permanent method of identifying your pet and linking the animal back to you, the owner.
*Dates are subject to change at the discretion of AWLA