We know getting your pet spayed or neutered is expensive, so AWLA offers a low-cost spay/neuter voucher program for pet owners with an annual household income of $60,000 or less.
Vouchers must be purchased by the pet owners, are non-transferable, and are valid for 90 days from date of purchase. New vouchers become available each month. Surgery does not take place at AWLA. Services are provided at one of three partner clinics (listed at the link below).
For questions about purchasing a low-cost spay or neuter voucher, please call AWLA at (703) 931-9241 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Vouchers are also available to purchase in-person at the shelter.
February: Spay/Neuter Awareness Month
AWLA is celebrating Spay/Neuter Awareness Month by partnering with local veterinary clinics to offer spay and neuter vouchers at the lowest prices of the year!
- Participating clinics: Anicira Veterinary Center, Caring Hands Arlington, and Caring Hands Alexandria.
- Prices: $25 for cat vouchers, $50 for dog and rabbit vouchers
How to Purchase a Voucher
- Request A Voucher: Click here to select your clinic and request a voucher.
- Receive Your Voucher: A digital copy of your voucher will be sent to you by email within 48 hours of your purchase.
- Make Your Appointment: Pet owners must call the participating vet to schedule their appointments.
If you have multiple pets, you will need to complete separate voucher purchases.