Rudolph Reindeer Treat made by Dogma Bakery & Boutique and sold exclusively at AWLA-One for $3 and Three for $7.
Purchase gifts that help AWLA shelter animals
Among the big-box retailer “early bird specials” and “door buster sales,” The Animal Welfare League of Arlington (AWLA) will hold a special promotion starting November 29—Black Friday—the traditional start of the holiday shopping season.
“We have many animals looking for a home for the holidays. On Black Friday and throughout the holiday shopping season, we encourage folks to shop our shelter whether it is for a furry or feathered companion or a special gift for their pet,” said Neil Trent, AWLA president and CEO. “People can feel good knowing that their purchase or adoption not only fulfilled a gift-giving need, but also helped to support our shelter animals.”
Whether it is a commitment to adopt an animal or a desire to give a charitable present, these unique gift-giving ideas will support shelter animals in need:
- The Gift of “Home Sweet Home” – The shelter animals would like nothing more than to find their forever home for the holidays. On Black Friday only (Nov. 29), AWLA will extend half price adoption fees on all animals.
- It’s a Wrap – Bring your gift purchases to AWLA on Black Friday from 12 p.m. to 5p.m. and let the League elves do your gift wrapping. The League will be accepting donations of $3 per gift wrapped item or $10 for four gift wrapped items.
- A Pawsitively, Purrfect Gift Certificate – Surprise a loved one with an AWLA gift certificate redeemable for a pet adoption fee, retail or bakery items or a microchip and rabies vaccination clinic. Gift certificates are available for purchase at the League or over the phone (703) 931-9241.
- Sweet Treats for Fido – Looking for a stocking stuffer for your pooch? A five inch tall, custom Rudolph cookie treat by Dogma Bakery & Boutique is on sale exclusively at AWLA for $3 per treat or $7 for three treats. Proceeds from each purchase will benefit AWLA shelter animals.
- Collars for Canines – This holiday season AWLA is holding a “collar drive” for shelter dogs. The League is in need of Quick Release Snap Martingale Collars. Collars can be purchased and shipped directly to the League from an Amazon wish list.
- Purchasing a 2014 AWLA Calendar – Features inspirational stories and photos of League adoptions. Calendars can be purchased for $20 at the League to benefit shelter animals.
- Contributing on “Giving Tuesday” – You know about Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but are you aware of Giving Tuesday? Kick off the holiday season of giving by making a tax deductable donation to the shelter animals at AWLA on Tuesday, December 3. Visit http://givingtuesday.razoo.com/story/Awla for details and to make a contribution.
- Give the gift of time – In the spirit of the season consider “gifting” your time as a foster guardian. The shelter can be a stressful environment and some animals just need a break. AWLA is seeking individuals or families that can temporarily open their home to an animal in need of fostering. AWLA provides foster training and covers all expenses associated with caring for a foster animal, including feeding and medical expenses.