Support pets and people in your community with our Community Kindness Card!
Inspired by the #ViralKindness coronavirus support cards created in England, AWLA is proud to offer a version that includes options for helping neighbors with pets. If you are healthy and looking for a way to support your community during these extraordinary times, please do the following:
- Download our Community Kindness Card. We also have a Spanish version available.
- Print as many pages as you’d like; there are 2 cards on each sheet.
- Fill in your name and preferred contact method (e.g., your phone number or email address).
- Check any and all of the options you are willing/able to help with (e.g., you may be able to help neighbors access our Pet Pantry, or be available to walk a neighbor’s dog while they have kids home from school). Include any other support you may want to offer.
- Cut the paper(s) in half and distribute* each card around your neighborhood!
Remember, the point is to spread kindness — not germs — so use precaution and place cards only where you can do so without putting yourself or others at risk. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after any delivery and maintain social distancing. See the CDC guidelines for protecting yourself from COVID-19 for more information.
Providing support and resources to pet owners in need is crucial to keeping more dogs and cats out of shelters. With so many people facing unexpected circumstances due to the coronavirus pandemic, offering to walk a dog or donate supplies is one simple way you can be a part of keeping pets and families together. Thank you for doing what you can. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, and to share your results!