Event DetailsJuly 22 / 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
One event on February 25, 2021 at 6:30 pm
One event on March 25, 2021 at 6:30 pm
One event on April 24, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on June 24, 2021 at 6:30 pm
One event on September 25, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on October 28, 2021 at 6:30 pm
One event on November 20, 2021 at 10:00 am
Get your dog or cat a rabies vaccine or microchip at AWLA!
These clinics are by reservation only. You must sign up in advance for a designated time. Sign-ups for each date will open a week before the clinic date.
- Rabies shots are $10, microchips are $35.
- NO CASH, card payment only.
- All humans must wear a mask at all times and maintain at appropriate distances of at least 6 feet in all situations.
- If you arrive after your designated time, you will lose your spot.
- All dogs must be on a leash, and all cats in carriers, even in your vehicle.
- If your pet is reactive to humans or other animals, please do not sign up for this clinic. We ask that you seek advice from a veterinarian.
- The clinic is indoors in the AWLA Education Room. Clients will enter one at a time to complete payment and paperwork and receive services. There will be a marked, socially distanced line outside the door for waiting clients.
- All paperwork (rabies certificates and microchip registration forms) will be done digitally, so you must have a working email address to register for this clinic and to complete the necessary clinic paperwork. Please bring a device with which you can check your email to the clinic.
- If you want a three-year rabies shot, you must bring proof of prior rabies shot (vet records or rabies certificates only, or dog licenses only, tags do not count).
Once you have signed up, AWLA will contact you via email to complete the necessary paperwork ahead of the clinic. Payment for services is due at the clinic.
Additional Information About Rabies Vaccinations
Virginia law requires that all dogs and cats four months of age and older have a current rabies vaccine. Please bring proof of a prior rabies shot (a rabies certificate, not a tag) to get a three-year rabies shot. Without it, your pet will receive a one-year shot. All dogs must be on leashes and cats must be in carriers.
Additional Information About Microchipping
Give your pet the protection of a 24PetWatch MiniChip. Each year thousands of lost and abandoned animals are taken in by shelters and humane societies across the country. Some of these animals never make it home because they cannot be identified. Microchipping offers the only truly permanent method of identifying your pet and linking the animal back to you, the owner.
*Dates are subject to change at the discretion of AWLA