How to Become a Volunteer with AWLA
We’re excited you’re here! AWLA’s volunteers are essential to the success of our organization.
- Read through our current volunteer requirements below.
- Fill out the prospective volunteer form.
We encourage you to apply, however due to COVID-19 we are onboarding new volunteers on a very limited basis. If you do not receive a response right away, please rest assured that we have received your form and appreciate your patience and understanding!
If you have any questions, please contact the AWLA Volunteer Manager at email@example.com
- All volunteers must be age 16 or older.
- Please note that initial teen volunteer assignments begin in areas that are not hands on with animals. Teens in our volunteer program who volunteer regularly and follow established rules/protocols may be invited to train in other volunteer assignments that work hands on with the animals.
- All volunteers must meet the Essential Capabilities of AWLA Volunteers
- All volunteers must be willing to commit to 6 months of service and at least 4 hours per month (select assignments may require additional hours)
- At orientation volunteers are asked to contribute a one-time fee of $30 to cover the cost of a Volunteer T-shirt and name tag.
Court-Ordered Community Service
This program is on hold until further notice.