Are you interested in learning how AWLA’s Kitten College went from saving just 92 kittens a year with 28 foster families, to saving more than 1,500 kittens a year with almost 300 foster families? AWLA can show you how with our Kitten College Apprenticeship Program! From how we did it to what worked (and what didn’t), we’ll help you create and train an engaged army of foster families.
AWLA is able to offer two types of assistance to those organizations working to save kittens in their community:
AWLA Comes to You!
Our National Kitten College Program Administrator will spend a full day at your facility covering topics such as:
- Taking the fear out of caring for bottle babies.
- Utilizing existing resources to address the needs of kittens.
- Provide an inventory of resources including suggested acquisitions and low-cost options.
- Recruiting and training fosters.
- Building an engaged community.
The only cost of this apprenticeship is the travel expenses incurred by AWLA. These expenses may be covered for qualified organizations.
You Come to AWLA!
Spend a full day at AWLA with our National Kitten College Program Administrator, who will cover the topics previously listed PLUS you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the day-to-day operations of the program with our Kitten College Coordinator.
- Learn about medical protocols with our Veterinary Team.
- Discuss fundraising and marketing tips with our Development Team.
- Find out how to address community needs and concerns with our President & CEO.
- The best ways to handle critical care kittens.
This apprenticeship is free. You only need to cover the cost of your travel. Special hotel rates are available.
These apprenticeships are available to all shelters, rescues and rescuers. To learn more about either of these opportunities, please email Marnie Russ, National Kitten College Program Administrator at email@example.com.